a moment of your time…
Dear UWS Members
These are crazy times and I am sure we all want to be safe. Roxane and I have been looking at many options for the rest of our UWS year. Here are some of the changes that will take us through June.
· The in-person April UWS Member Meeting is cancelled. Instead, we are working to schedule an online presentation for that meeting night. Details will be coming soon
· The April Paint Out has been cancelled. Details about possible future paint out will be forthcoming.
· The in-person UWS Spring Open Exhibition has been cancelled (Red Butte Garden is closed). However, we will be holding the exhibition online. Deadline for entries has been extended, and the original botanical-themed paintings will no longer be a requirement. The prospectus has been updated and will be emailed to you and posted to the UWS website soon.
· The in-person May UWS Member Meeting is cancelled. However, artist David R. Smith(who was scheduled to be our Spring workshop instructor and the juror for the Spring Exhibition), has agreed to do a live stream demonstration for UWS artists! A streaming link will be emailed to you and posted to Facebook on the night of the meeting. Stay tuned!
· The May workshop with David R. Smith has been cancelled, but he is interested in rescheduling at another time. Workshop registrants will be refunded their fees, and if you purchased an opportunity drawing ticket for the workshop, you will be refunded.
· The in-person June UWS Member Meeting, Business Meeting, and Social has been cancelled. However, we will be conducting the vote for next year’s Board and presenting the annual financial report via email.
We are sorry that we won’t be able to get together. The upside, as we are sequestered, is more time for painting.
We will email you updates and post all information to the UWS Website at http://www.utahwatercolor.org. Please be patient with us as we try to make the adjustments. Also, check our Facebook page for some fun videos, inspiration and other art opportunities.
Linda Flannery, President UWS
Roxane Pfister, Vice President/President Elect UWS
Click here for a printable copy.