The UWS Membership Year runs June – May.
You must be a Utah resident to join UWS
UWS Monthly Member Meetings and workshops are held at the Sons of the Utah Pioneers building (3301 E Louise Ave, Millcreek, UT 84109).
We meet on the first Tuesday of each month September-June. (We do not have a member meeting in July or August, but there are other activities that take place in these months).
BENEFITS OF UWS MEMBERSHIP
- Opportunity to enter annual Member-only exhibitions (Fall Member Exhibition, Small Works Exhibition, Signature and Two-Star Exhibition)
- Discounted entry fees for annual Spring Open Exhibition
- Discounted rates for annual mini-workshops (2-day workshops sponsored by UWS at least 4 times per year)
- Discounted rates and preferred registration opportunities for workshops with National and International award-winning, credentialed instructors such as Carla O’Connor, Alvaro Castagnet, Christopher Schink, Nicholas Simmons, Stephen Quiller, Robert Burridge, John Salminen, Barbara Nechis, Richard Stephens, Thomas Schaller, Bev Jozwiak, Iain Stewart, Janet Rogers, Keiko Tanabe, Jeannie McGuire, Frank Eber, Betsy Dillard Stroud (Spring 2019), Frank Francese (Fall 2019)…and many more to come!
- Free monthly plein air paint out opportunities
- Monthly member meetings with free artist demonstrations and educational opportunities
- Socialize and learn from other UWS artists and like-minded people
- Electronic communications
- UWS website packed with useful information
- Promote yourself as art instructor on our member UWS Art Instructor page or promote your art website on our UWS Member Gallery page
- Discounts with various UWS Merchant Partners
- Opportunity to enter the annual Western Federation of Watercolor Societies exhibition through UWS
- and much more…
NOTE: Please use the Drop Down Membership menu above to find information about joining UWS, a list of Signature Members (along with Two-Star Members and One-Star Members), UWS Art Instructors, and UWS Member Gallery.
FORMS & INFORMATION
UWS One Star / Two Star / Signature Membership
As a member of UWS, you can work towards recognition status at different levels including One Star (awarded for acceptance to a UWS Spring Open Exhibition), Two Star (awarded for acceptance to two different UWS Spring Open Exhibitions), and Signature Member (awarded for acceptance to eight different qualifying exhibitions, achievement of Two-Star status, and an award in one of the qualifying exhibitions). Click this link for a form that will help you track your One-Star / Two-Star / Signature Membership status: UWS One Star /_Two Star /_Signature Membership Tracking form
UWS Art Instructors
To be included in the list of UWS Art Instructors, email your bio, class dates/times/info, location, contact information, a photo of yourself and a photo of one of your paintings to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “UWS Art Instructor Listing” in the subject line of the email.
UWS Member Gallery
To be included in the UWS Member Gallery, make sure your membership is current and then email your bio, link to your website, and a photo of one of your paintings to email@example.com. Put “UWS Member Gallery” in the subject line of the email.