Utah Watercolor Society
Cache Valley Chapter
Winter Exhibition 2024
You are invited to enter the Utah Watercolor Society Cache Valley Chapter Winter 2024 Exhibition
No theme this year but for this MAT ONLY show, all MATTED entries must fit an 11 x 14 frame. Mat width can vary. Please have entries in cellophane envelopes. Pieces will will not be framed, but mat MUST fit in an 11 x 14 frame (vertical or horizontal).
To be considered for prizes, entries must follow restriction.
Angie’s Restaurant (in South atrium/waiting area)
Address: 690 Main St, Logan, UT 84321
Entries can be dropped off at the UWS January 2nd meeting at Son’s of Utah Pioneers.
delivered to Doyle Geddes (anytime prior to January 3rd).
586 East 1980 North
Online entry deadline: Wednesday January 3, 2024
- Title of painting
- Painting size
- Sales price or nfs
- A photo of your entry(s)
- Please indicated your status: professional or amateur.
The Show will start on January 5th and end February 3rd.
You can enter up to two paintings, $20 for one,
$35 for two.
You can Venmo your payment to CVC treasurer
@Roxane-Pfister with “what for” as CVC winter show.
or send a check to
586 E 1980 N
North Logan, UT. 84341
UWS-CVC Winter Exhibition
Number of Entries: Members of UWS and members of UWS-CVC may submit two (2) entries.
Professional Artist Category Definition
- Those who have an art degree, or teach art courses, or are represented by galleries or who derive $3,000 or more per year in art-earned income.
Amateur Artist Category Definition
- Individuals without art degrees who derive less than $3,000 in sales from their art work and are not represented in galleries nor teach art courses
$20 first entry; $15 for the second (Note no refunds will be issued once an entry is made.)
- All paintings must hang for the duration of the show. (Exceptions will be made according to the needs of buyer)
- By entering this show, you grant permission for use of your artwork image for publicity purposes.
- All work must be original, conceived and created by you. Photographic references used must be your own.
- No work produced under instruction or in a workshop is permitted.
- Copies of another artist’s work or recognizable use of copyrighted intellectual property is not permitted.
- Paintings must have been completed within the past two years and not previously exhibited in a juried or judged exhibit sponsored by the Utah Watercolor Society
- Water-based oils are not permitted.
- Work that is mixed media or collage must be at least 75% water-based media in conjunction with other media such as pastels, ink or other water media or collage materials.
- Any paintable, flat surface done in any water media is acceptable.
Size and Format Requirements:
- Painting size can vary, but must be matted with outside dimension of the mat 11 x 14 (horizontal or vertical)
- Mats: Mats must be white (or off-white) Outside dimensions of mat must be 11 x 14
- Pieces must be in a cellophane envelope with a cardboard (stiff) back.
- No frames or glass.
Exhibition and Judging:
- UWS-CVC reserves the right to refuse, upon arrival, any piece for unacceptable quality or subject, improper framing or failure to comply with entry requirements.
- All entries must be for sale .
- the restaurant will charge a 30% commission on each piece sold.
- No changes in price are permitted after entry of your work.
- By entering into this Exhibition, the artist enters into a contract with Angies Restaurant and the Cache Valley Chapter of the Utah Watercolor Society, which will be the acting agents for the sale of your artwork.
- Note: While care is taken in handling entries and artwork neither UWS-CVC nor the exhibition venue are responsible for damage or loss of entries for any cause.
Questions? Email or text Doyle Geddes 435-770-4538 email: [email protected]